Sunday, June 19, 2005

About me

I'm Brian, and I'm a software developer at Alterity, Inc. Alterity is a small software company that makes ACCTivate!, a distribution and inventory management software package that works with QuickBooks and Microsoft Small Business Accounting. I'm responsible for managing the customer support staff, adding new features and fixing bugs in our software.

I was born in Fort Worth, Texas and spent most of my life in Arlington, Texas. I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS in Information Systems at the University of Texas at Arlington. I met my wife Karla while working at Olive Garden and we got married in October 2002. We bought a house near Lake Arlington two months before our wedding and our son, Jake, was born in February 2005.

I began working at Alterity in January 2001, providing customer technical support and troubleshooting reported bugs in the software. I quickly became proficient in Visual Basic and now make most of the maintenance repairs in our software. We are currently using Visual Basic, Microsoft SQL Server and Crystal Reports to develop our software.

Alterity merged with our largest dealer Kerr Consulting and I spent some time traveling to customer's offices to install our software and train end-users. We later separated from Kerr Consulting and now sell our software directly to customers rather than using a dealer network. We have a good relationship with Intuit and most of our customers found our software on the QuickBooks Solution Marketplace.

Post a Comment

<< Home