Sunday, June 19, 2005

MSN Desktop Search

I was really excited when Google announced that they had released a desktop search application last year, but I was disappointed after installing it since it didn't support Firefox or MSN Messenger, so I never used it and eventually un-installed it.

I've now installed Microsoft's MSN Desktop Search, which doesn't appear to search your internet history. However, it does search MSN Messenger conversations, which is really cool. I am constantly trying to remember some conversation I had with someone and I have multiple archived MSN conversation log files for each of my co-workers since I am a heavy user of Messenger. The included MSN toolbar also adds tabbed browsing into IE, but I'm not comfortable switching back from Firefox to IE yet. It also installed an Outlook toolbar (add-in) that should replaces the Find funtion for most people.

Anyways, I'm optimistic that I'll actually keep and use MSN Desktop Search.

Post a Comment

<< Home